10 Forklift Safety Tips
- Never use your phone while operating a forklift.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Never be in an impaired state of mind.
- Angle up the forks when carrying a load.
- Carry the load low to the ground for optimal balance and sight.
- Be aware of mast height in relation to door openings and ceilings.
- For loads that block your view, drive backwards.
- Never use a forklift to raise a person.
- Always sound your horn when coming around corners, exits, or blind spots.
- Go slow!! Don't be in a rush!
DiVal Safety offers forklift and other powered industrial truck training, call 716.874.9060 to speak to our training department or go click HERE for more information.