Ron Goodrich failed to adhere to proper safety procedures at the workplace, resulting in severe electrocution and burns.
Travis Roy went head-first into the boards during a college hockey game, rendering him quadriplegic.
All incidents were reflected upon by the afflicted, as all spoke at the 2016 DiVal Safety Summit. Every story was shared to anyone who chose to sit in and listen to these life-altering experiences. Each presentation had its own unique way of emphasizing just how important safety is and how not taking the proper precautions can have devastating results.
The Summit is not only a great place to meet new people, interact with vendors and source different safety products, but a great place to learn as well.
As human beings, we all make mistakes. Some are minor, but others have much more of an impact. Some can affect only us and some are felt by those we hold dear. The Summit gave everyone a chance to learn from the mistakes of others as well as learn many different tips about how to live as safely as possible, both in and out of the workplace.
A lesson learned can be the difference between life and death, between safety and tragedy. The DiVal Safety Summit provides the opportunity for such learning, because there is nothing more important than safety.